Register Now!

Email RVABaristaJam@gmail.com to Register for the February 23rd Event!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Coffee and Grace

Last night I found myself in quite a quandary... I was sent to the store by some friends and coffee was on my list. They know that I take pride in my coffee and so I felt the expectations of my purchase weighing on me as I grabbed a basked and head towards the isle of mass produced over roasted beans. As I stood there, the starbucks "sex goddess" was staring back at me and the Dunkin Donuts colors reminding me of Virginia Tech. What was I to do? Which was the lesser of two evils. How could I look my friends in the eye with confidence as I presented to them the norm of coffee created with no care. I took a deep breath, said a quick prayer of repentance and grabbed a bag of starbucks. Just another reminder that this world is in need of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment